If you have never been to St. Louis, Missouri you may want to consider this under-appreciated “Gateway to the West” for your next vacation adventure. Located in the heart of the mid-South region of the U.S., St. Louis has several attractions you will want to visit. We take a look at some of these in this installment of our travel blog at Skycap News.
Planning a Winning Vacation to St. Louis
- Cardinal Baseball!– One of St. Louis’s main “claims to fame” is the St. Louis Cardinals. Many radio stations (including one I’ve worked for in the past), broadcasts the games on a regular basis throughout the season for fans all over the country. St. Louis is known as one of the most loyal sports fan base of anywhere in the U.S. and Cardinal fans love to come to St. Louis to see a game in person. The Cardinals have had some big moments, including the legendary single season home run record pursuit of Mark McGwire versus Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds in the late 1990’s, as well as recent claims to fame. The Cardinals made it to the World Series again in 2015 and the outlook is good for this year too. So plan to come see a game in person this year.
- Busch Gardens– One of the biggest attractions in the St. Louis area, Busch Gardens offers a wide variety of things to do, see, and take in during your trip to the “Show Me State.” From wild amusement park rides to wildlife tours and gift shops, you’ll find something that will peak your interest at Busch Gardens. You can also tour the brewery where they make Busch beer and Budweiser beers, see the amazing Budweiser Clydesdales that pull the famous Budweiser beer wagon. Learn how they train them and tour the beautiful flowers in the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- Gateway Arch– The Gateway Arch is a 630-foot monument located in St. Louis, that is made of solid stainless steel. It sits just across the way from the St. Louis Cardinal Busch Stadium and is visible from several locations in the St. Louis area. It is the world’s largest arch.
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis– This is a good place to visit if you would like to know the history of the Catholic church in St. Louis and visit ancient structures that helped lay the original foundation of the modern Catholic church.
- St. Louis dining– For a real treat while visiting in the St. Louis area, check out the list on our link above. You can also use the Open Table app to book ahead (discussed in one of our previous posts), and make your dining plans ahead of time so you won’t have to wait for hours or worry about the reservations. Stay tuned as there are so many amazing restaurants located in St. Louis besides BBQ! This topic is definitely worthy of feature article Skycap News updates in the future.
St. Louis Vacation Final Pitch
Well, there you have it! Whether you want to attend a Cardinal Baseball game in person, visit the Budweiser Clydesdale’s, Botanical Gardens, take a tour through the Gateway Arch, discover old cathedrals, or dine in style, you’ll find it all and more at St. Louis. We hope you enjoy your trip to St. Louis, Missouri. If you do enjoy your trip, please write and let us know!